Sunday, November 29, 2009

BSM: Thanksgiving Walk

We had a lovely Thanksgiving up in Washington with family. The kids got a couple of days with the cousins, and we all ate way too much food. Seriously, we had enough for twice as many people as were at the table.

The weather was gorgeous on Friday, so we were able to go over to Bainbridge Island and play on the beach. The kids loved all the logs and driftwood; I loved the fabulous rocks, shells, and beach glass. I could have stayed hunting treasure in the sand until evening.

I took lots of family shots, but this one seemed to capture the spirit of the afternoon:

bainbridge beach

6 comments:

HipMomma said...

How lucky you are to be able to just go to the beach. Even when it's cold. We love treasure hunting.

Killlashandra said...

Walking along the beach is so much fun! It's one of the few things I miss about Washington, I certainly don't miss the rain. ;) Great family time well spent.

shirley said...

How lovely! I love the beaches during the off season. Especially when enjoyed with family.

Phyllis Sommer said...

mmm...i love off-season beaching. so peaceful and different. plus the light is far more often to be perfect like this...

Puna said...

What a nice post. I love cold walks on the beach.

Cara said...

I love the beach in the fall/winter. Great photo, I like how they are on the beach in winter coats.