Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Theme Thursday: Sunny

Thanks, Amy Jo, for ruining our weeks of good weather by announcing a theme like "sunny." No chance of taking a sunny photo here today, so I'm digging into the archives. I'm posting one of my favorite photos from a couple of years ago when I was just getting to know my camera. We were staying at the coast for spring break, and one evening we had the most glorious, golden sunset. It was fun to revisit this series; I like them just as much now as I did then. And I don't say that about a lot of pictures.


golden glow


I'm hoping to post a lot of "sunny" pictures in the coming weeks: we are going to Australia! I won't be posting for Theme Thursday next week (we'll be on the airplane), but I'm going to try to post SOOC photos from Cairns while we're there.

6 comments:

HipMomma said...

Lucky ducks! What's taking you to Australia? Just vacation?

Lovely silhouette.

Amy Jo said...

Sorry about the weather. I think I might be cursed, what with the conputer issues and the weather and all. I'm hoping my luck will improve ASAP!

Have a great time in Australia! Where abouts are you going? I've been dying to visit there, and I can't wait to see your pics!

What a great shot for this week, too. I love finding those oldies but goodies. Thanks for sharing!

Arizaphale said...

That is a beauty alright! Here's hoping there's plenty of sun around in Cairns. Watch out for box jellyfish though. There's certainly been a lot of rain up in Queensland recently. A bit further south though. Don't think I'll get to see you, Australia is at least as big as the US and you will be on the opposite coast :-D
Have a great time. Look forward to seeing the pics.

Heather said...

She got you with the bad weather too? I literally had like three minutes of sun yesterday and I got one shot! ;-) Love your shot! I haven't seen a sunset like that in a long while...

susiej said...

Those kinds of shots are always tough with the lighting, and you did a splendid job

Jenny said...

It's raining here too.

Have fun in Australia! Wade was in Melbourne for his two years. We went in 2001 to Melbourne and Sydney for a couple of weeks. Loved it.