We arrived in Cairns yesterday after a very long (almost 24 hour) journey. We haven't been able to hook up to the internet from our room, and I couldn't even get on the free WiFi at a local hotspot, so I'm afraid there will be no photos (and possibly not many posts) until we return.
A few things I've noticed in the 24 hours we've been here:
1. Lots of Americans here. I hear American accents everywhere...and they just aren't as lilting and lovely as the Aussie ones.
2. Prices are very high. Even with the exchange rate (which is favorable to the US dollar), the cost of everything makes James have to remind me, "we're on vacation."
3. So many choices for our Great Barrier Reef trip. Am stressing about choosing the wrong one!
4. Did anyone else know that they have Target in Australia -- who knew?
5. Yes, I DID go into the Target...I just couldn't resist.