Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Team-Up Thursday: Week Forty (CALM)

CALM dip


I really like our diptych this week. It certainly embodies the theme: CALM. I need some of that after keeping Owen home from school last week trying to avoid any arm-to-surface contact. I was actually hoping to get a lovely golden light shot like Melody's, but our weather did not cooperate. Instead, I tried to capture the CALM in our bedroom.

My favorite part of both the photos is the sense of softness conveyed. Both look so soft and inviting, don't they?

What do you have to show us this week?

Next week, we'll be doing ORANGE. I have a feeling we'll get some pumpkin shots, eh?

10 comments:

Joanna said...

Melody's shot feels so warm and peaceful. Definately calming. I dont know what colors you have in your bedroom, but I am so glad you chose to shoot it in b/w. It really takes out any distracting details and just shows a comfortable and familiar place in all our homes. The b/w makes it very relateable. Great pics this week!

Christina and I did SIGNS.

Joanna said...

Sorry, screwed up the link. SIGNS

Jenny said...

Gorgeous, both of them.

Christina said...

Very soft and inviting indeed! What a wonderful theme, and nicely captured. We could all do with a little more CALM! Now excuse me while I go curl up on your bed....

Like Jo said, it's SIGNS for us this week!

Jessie said...

Melody's shot is beautiful! It was what I wanted to try and get as well but as you said weather hmm... I love yours and yes it says calm. Except when the alarm goes off lol :)

Angie and I played along with CALM this week. Thanks for hosting!

HipMomma said...

It is rarely CALM but our dip surely is. I thought your room was a hotel! So nice.

stephanie said...

I want to crawl right into your shot and take a nap...it feels calm and cool. Perfect for sleeping. In Melody's, I can feel that calm evening air. Both beautiful.

Jen said...

Both shots are definitely peaceful and calm. Your bed looks very warm and cozy. I hope Owen is feeling better.

Cara and I did Books.

Unknown said...

I love the softness of both - they definitely convey some calmness. Kimberly and I did calm this week as well.

Linda-Maree said...

I adore both shots - You are both amazing photographers and just capture the theme perfectly week after week - Mariette and I did "Walls" - it was a lovely theme
Lots of love