Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Team-Up Thursday: Week Thirty-Two (SELECTIVE FOCUS)

selective focus dip

SELECTIVE FOCUS was a fun theme for me -- I can't wait to see what other pairs created! I love that Melody chose the less obvious shot here. Rather than focus on V, she left her in the background to focus on the fence. Mine is a bit more straightforward, but I do like how only one wooden flower is left for the viewer. This is a great theme for being a bit more creative, so I'll have to keep it in mind whenever I'm shooting.

Next week, we'll be tackling WORK for our theme. I'm sure everyone is all too familiar with that concept.

In other news, I mentioned last week that Melody and I were wanting to do another group theme. We have only done one: way back in February, we challenged everyone to do a SELF-PORTRAIT diptych. It was a ton of fun, and it was great to have everyone participating with the same theme.

Fast forward to September and we're finally ready for another group challenge. This one requires a bit more preparation, so we're giving you three weeks. For the week of September 23rd, we're all going to go FLYING! Let me be more specific: Jan Von Holleben's "Dreams of Flying" is a wonderful series of photographs of people flying...without leaving the ground.

Check out this link and be sure to watch the series of photos as well as the Coldplay video lower down in the post. Then get out your ladders (or scout out a place you can take a photo from above) and get those creative juices flowing.

Don't worry, if you and your partner want to do your own theme, please don't feel pressured -- it's all good.

16 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

oooo oooo ooooo... so beautiful. both shots are stunning. I love selective focus. yummy!

The group theme sounds fun. :)

Berta and I did My Week this week. It is different though. NOt really a diptych. Hope that is okay.

Kerstin said...

AAAAAAWWWWW what a great theme and the idea behind in both photos are just perfect - love your photo. Colours are perfect - light is perfect and the focus is perfectly captured . thank you girls :)

Jessie said...

I really like how the both of you sort of took your shots from the same angle. They really look good together :)

Angie and I also did SELECTIVE FOCUS.

Flying sounds like a great challenge! Have a great week!

jillconyers said...

Tina and I also did Selective Focus

As usual I will be back to browse everyone's dips after work :)

HipMomma-MelodyA. said...

I love doing SELECTIVE FOCUS. Can't wait to see what every one comes up with.

Megan, would love to know what that wooden flower is on. It's so pretty.

Jen said...

You guys nailed selective focus. Both are beautiful shots.

Here is ours this week.
Selective Focus

tania said...

Both brilliant!!

Killlashandra said...

Somehow Erin and I thought the week was off center, but that's ok. I really like how our OFF CENTER shots lined up after all.

Love the selective focus look though. It's neat how both of the shots are selective focus and off center. :) I like your wooden flower.

Andrea said...

You ladies continue to be an inspiration as always - I LOVE selective focus and these photos have me itching to get my camera out.

~Kristina said...

both of these shots are such great takes. care to share what fstop was used?

Megan said...

kristina -- i had my 50mm wide open at 1.8.

Rose said...

We also did Selective Focus; but I we had technical difficulties. Or at least one of us! LOL.

I love wooden flower and how each photo moves in opposite directions.

Cara said...

I love these! I also love the assignment! I am already trying to think of ideas.
Jen and I also went with selective focus.

bBchronicles said...

WOW, I'm SO LATE in getting around to EVERYONE! What a week! LOVE, both your photos - the DOF is wonderful - love the colors as well. Nice job.

stephanie said...

Amy Craft and I have been out of the loop for awhile, but we are back in the saddle for next week! On with the show!

Mary said...

Wow, these two images are absolutely beautiful. I love them both!

Now, I need to get motivated and get our pairing up this week.

Thanks for the inspiration!