Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Team-Up Thursday: Week Thirty-Three (WORK)

work diptych

Yep, I made my kids do hard manual labor over the holiday weekend. They also went swimming, to the movies, played with friends, and had sleepovers, so I don't think a bit of weeding was asking too much. I love the perspective of Melody's shot. School just started for us on Tuesday, so not too much homework yet.

It's funny that Melody and I chose to take photographs of our children's work rather than our own. I'm not sure what this means. Maybe it's just too hard to photograph yourself doing work. Or that you don't want to be reminded of the work you have to do. Or the kids are just cute. Whatever.

Next week, we're going with SMALL for our theme. Think big, go small. I'm not sure that's a motivating thought or not. However, we definitely want you thinking big for our group project coming up on September 23rd: FLYING.

If you didn't catch last week's post, here are the details: We'd love everyone to join in and FLY that Thursday -- create a work inspired by Jan Von Holleben's "Dreams of Flying" series.

No pressure. We won't shun you if you do your own theme.

Remember to check out all the dips here and in our flickr pool. Don't worry, even though Fall is on its way to the Northern Hemisphere, the water in the flickr pool is always warm, so dive in!

P.S. I've got a long-time Team-Up participant who has lost her partner and would love to join in with someone new -- anyone game? Email me if you'd like a partner: monamegs@hotmail.com

8 comments:

jillconyers said...

Great take on this week's theme. Love the contrasting perspective of the 2 photos.

Tina and I used your theme this week, WORK.

Life...as I see it

Jessie said...

The look on their faces made me laugh Megan :) Like "I can't believe she is making us do this" - hee hee. I love the perspective on Melody's as well. It looks like it is a different processing and I think it is cool.

Angie and I played along with WORK as well. Her shot is VERY cool as it is of herself working.
Thanks for hosting, have a great week!

MelodyA. said...

I made the same comment about it being the kids doing all the work.

I'm commenting from my phone so click my name and it should take you to the link.

Unknown said...

I think it might just be more fun to watch them work! At least the looks on their faces is fun...

We kind of had to skip last week, so we are one behind with Selective Focus today.

Jen said...

Yeah, it is much more fun to watch kids work. Your boys don't look to unhappy about the weeding.

We went with Play this week.

Cara said...

I think I would have pictured my kids too, but they don't do any work...yet(lol).

Jen and went with play for our theme this week.

Andrea said...

What a fantastic interpretation of the theme - LOVE both shots, simply perfect!

Kerstin said...

Megan -fantastic - love your photo. Seems even your kids are "at work" they have fun....
Love your shot - BRILLIANT! Awesome captured.....