Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Team-Up Thursday: Week Twenty-Three (WATER)

water diptych


How much do I love summer? I know there are some of you playing with us here at Team-Up Thursday who happen to be in the Southern Hemisphere...sorry about winter. I adore summer, and due to the miserable spring we had here in Oregon, we definitely deserve all the summer we can get.

WATER was a fun theme this week, as I got to try out my new point & shoot. It's not really new; I got it for Mother's Day, but I hadn't had the opportunity to try out the underwater feature until this past week. It was so much fun! It was a bit of trial and error at first, but it was a blast taking the camera in the pool.

Funny story: I'm in the pool with my camera, diving down with it and taking snaps of the kids. At one point I surfaced, and a woman was watching me. The next time I came up, she said, "Is that waterproof?"

I sure hope so, lady. Otherwise I'm leaving this in the trashcan on my way out.

I didn't really say that...but I thought it:).

As to Melody's photo -- what a moment to capture! V perfectly poised with the dragonfly(?) on her finger. My favorite part of the shot, though, the part that makes it so poignant, is the pair of pink googles perched on her head.

Can't wait to see what you have to share with us here and in our flickr pool this week.

P.S. Next week, our theme is CELEBRATE. As if you needed an excuse to throw a party ;).

16 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my word....what a perfect diptych. seriously....love it. Tell me more about your camera. what is it? I want to take pics underwater, too.

Berta and I did UNDER this week....but it ended up fitting the WATER theme as well. :)

have a happy day!

Andrea said...

BLOWN AWAY!!!!!
Both photos are FABULOUS!

Kerstin said...

LOL - Summer finally has arrived wherever I take a look - theme "under" - "water" - even our theme "seeing double" has something to do with summer and water....
PERFECT SIMPLY PERFECT - no other or more words

cat said...

These are both great. Love them.

Jessie said...

I LOVE your shot! Did you use your camera with a case or an actual waterproof one? Fabulous capture regardless! Melody's just screams summer. I imagine a lazy day at the lake with the family.

Angie and I did WATER as well.
Have a great 4th of July!

Jen said...

Another awesome week. I love both shots so much. Cara and I did summer, but both ended up with water shots.

I have been wanting a waterproof p&s. What kind did you get?

Here is ours:
Summer

Kimberly said...

I love those scrunched up lips. :) So cool that you can take your camera underwater!

Carrie and I did "Sweet" this week.

HipMomma said...

WATER is the theme. No pool for us today, just rain again. Cute pic of your little man.

bBchronicles said...

Love the photo you captured and ALL THE BUBBLES - cute, cute, cute. BOTH your photos capture the theme so well and the dragon fly - great bonus!!!! We've had lots of rain too SO we're sneaking in summer here and there as we 'have it'!!!!!
Have a great day and LOVE COMING TO VISIT.

Unknown said...

I love underwater photos - you can capture a whole new world down there! And the kids always have such funny faces too! This was a fun one this week.

Kimberly and I did splash last week so we decided water was too similar and did sweet this week instead!

mosey (kim) said...

Those are both fantastic - love the goggles and the snazzy bathing suit!

Tammy and I both blogged about ours -- here and <a href="http://moseyalong.blogspot.com/2010/06/team-up-thursday.html>here.</a> Our first team-up!

Stefanie said...

Both fantastic.
I love the way great minds think alike.
Thanks for the inpsiration.

Cara said...

Love them!
Which P&S do you have that is waterproof? I would love to take underwater photos.

Jen and I did Summer this week.

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

Lovely! This was the first week of Team-Up for Kim and I. So much fun. Tam

http://bloggingbradleys.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love the underwater pic! I know I'd be a nervous wreck taking a camera underwater, no matter what they said. We did water too.

shirley said...

Oh, both pictures made me smile - such wonder abounds during the summer month, especially with the kids.

I posted late, but Lee and I created a Repetition diptych this week.