Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Theme Thursday: Window



Well, well, if this theme didn't just happen to coincide with my first psuedo-photo shoot (read last Friday's post if you're not up to date on this happening).  On a cold, wet day, I had nothing but window (and garage) light to shoot these two.  I used upstairs windows, downstairs windows, and the garage, which I realize isn't exactly a window.  However, it can be a great natural light studio.
Shooting a 15-year-old boy and an 18-month-old girl was definitely a challenge.  Particularly since the young man announced, "I don't smile," at the outset.  Just what every photographer wants to hear.  Needless to say, I learned a lot.  
Fortunately, the mom was happy with the results (wipe sweat from brow), and I have my contribution for Stacy's very first week hosting Theme Thursday  -- Thanks Stacy! 

10 comments:

Stacy said...

You did a great job! Love both the shots. Really, you don't always need kids to smile to get a glimpse of their personality in the shot. When they are teenagers, they rarely smile, so I'm sure you captured him well for his life right now.

I have gotten some good results with garage light, too. It is great diffused light.

~ Melody ~ said...

Good job! Teen boys, they can be a challenge in so many ways. :) The little girl is just precious.

Melissa D said...

I'm glad the shoot went well! :)

Arizaphale said...

Cool results for garage light. Those shots really capture their personalities.

Mandaroo said...

They came out great! I'm sure the mom loved them!

I know you can hear me... said...

Great shots! I'm even more impressed considering the ages that you had to work with -- well done!

Bonnie said...

Love the look on Mr. I don't smile's face !! Great shots !

Stacy said...

Ahhh teenagers! They're so lovely aren't they? Still, you did a great job!

Christina said...

You did a wonderful job with the photoshoot! Great work taking advantage of available light, and coralling uncooperative subjects. :o)

kristinlark said...

oh,he's just trying soooo hard not to smile. but i see it in there. nice work megs - remember what i said about free lifetime sittings!