Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Theme Thursday: Change




I had been wanting to take pictures of this orchard since we passed it on our way home from cutting our Christmas tree over Thanksgiving weekend.  Funny, but no one seemed interested in stopping our tree-laden car on a two-lane road in 40 degree weather while I got out to stand in the mud to take pictures of the orchard.  Nice family I have.
Anyway, I finally got my chance when I dragged Owen back there this week.  He sat in the car while I stood in the mud and took photos.  I thought I was going to have some beautiful afternoon sunlight; of course, the sun went behind an impenetrable cloud bank as soon as we got there.  I still had fun and got a few interesting shots.  
How does this relate to our "change" theme?  I had even more fun playing around with the photos once I got home.  It's so wonderful to be able to change the mood of a picture by playing with the exposure, temperature, etc.  Here's my series of CHANGE...

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Lovely! I also like the plays in the color hues to make them look almost like they were taken in different seasons.

Windows Wide Open said...

Very eye-catching shots you have there. Neat stuff!

~~

Wil's Wheels said...

Tree shots, love them (I'm a closet tree-loving freak, but only the bare naked ones). Photoshop is great for change. :)

Unknown said...

I love 'em...that is a great series.

Melissa D said...

That's great! :)