Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Theme Thursday: Idle

I've been doing lots of free shoots over the past few months to improve both my skills and my confidence. I've photographed toddlers, kids, teens, families, but no babies. I had my first opportunity to work with a newborn today.

Nathan is four weeks old, so not quite as "pliable" as those 7-10 day old babes. He would NOT sleep. No way he was going to miss any of the action. It was quite a challenge, but so fun -- and no pressure because it's just for practice.

This is the only shot of Nathan "idling." He closed his eyes for approximately three seconds and I happened to catch him. He just looks idle. He's fooling you.


nathan

11 comments:

MGF said...

Makes me think of slowing down. Great shot. Truly nice.

Stacy said...

Lovely, lovely shot of the little guy. Great job in capturing that elusive moment!

Jen said...

Oh how very sweet. He definitely looks idle. I was fooled. You did a great job.

Killlashandra said...

Adorable picture!

Cara said...

That exactly what I though of when I ready Stacy's theme of Idle!

Sean said...

You have a perfect angel to take practice with that is only 3 weeks old. Just come down.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job. He looks so peaceful.

Christina said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful shot! You captured him so well - and it's even more impressive knowing the tiny moment you had to capture it! Well done.

Jaimee said...

WOW! Absolute PRECIOUSNESS!!! Beautiful shot!

Unknown said...

Oh...that is beautiful! Just beautiful!

Maggie said...

Oh that is the sweetest!