Monday, April 7, 2008

Grammar Rant

You are intrigued enough by the title of my post to read, aren't you?  

My pet peeve is misplaced apostrophes, and I saw one today that I just had to post about.  I saw a cute surf-style t-shirt that I wanted to buy for James because it had "Ventura" on it; that's where he grew up, so I thought he'd get a kick out of it.  As I got closer I couldn't believe my eyes.  The shirt read, "Ventura: Local's Only."  WHAT?   Ventura only has one "local" and he owns the "only"?!

Last time I checked, OLD NAVY, "locals" is plural, not possessive, you morons.  You don't make enough money off cheap clothes that you can't hire at least one proofreader for your graphics?

There, I feel much better.

If you feel like checking it out, here's the link:

2 comments:

Jaimee said...

Wow, that is crazy...Can't believe it! It is amazing how many people don't have a clue when it comes to grammar!

Stacy said...

LOL - ON is perpetuating our children's lack of education, eh?? I know your pain. Most of the time when I see a mistake I made from typing too fast I just cringe. I do know proper grammar...really, I do! Sometimes, I do it on purpose, though (sentence structure mostly - not misused apostrophes).