Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Theme Thursday: Texture



I like experimenting with texture, but sometimes, I'm not sure I like the final product.  It seems a fine line to walk between texture as enhancement and texture as distraction.  It sure is fun, though!  
 
There are great places to get free textures on line, including a Flickr group called "Textures For Layers" that I recently discovered.  Members post their own textures that others are free to use (for personal use).  It's a great way to get new ideas.  I'm excited to see what everyone came up with for this week's theme!

13 comments:

Rose said...

Handsome boys. Wonderful use of the textures. They came out really nice.

Bonnie said...

Love these ! Each so different from the other !! The second one is so unique ... it's great !!

Melody A. said...

You're right, there is a fine line. Too much can definitely be a distraction. But you've done great here. I like the crop too. Brilliant eye.

Head Gaggler said...

Nice textures. Thanks for the tip on getting more textures from flickr members. I need to check that out.

Stacy said...

Great use of texture! I really like that second one...it has a gritty "boy" feel to it. I will have to check out that Flickr group, too.

Stacy said...

very cool!

Unknown said...

great use of texture! i like both of them - each in a different way.

i like the crop, on the second one!

mandaroo63 said...

Very cool! Nice portrait. Thanks for the link. I'll be sure to check it out.

Christina said...

There really is a fine line between enhancement and distraction with textures, but I think you've done well here! The textures you've used here suit each picture nicely.

Killlashandra said...

Yeah, it's amazing how a little cropping and some texture can really change the look and feel of an image. Nice job. I like the eaten away images look.

jamestownboys said...

very cool!!
Thanks for the Flikr info - going to check the group out :)

Maggie said...

I totally agree with you about too much being a major distraction. But I think that you used the perfect amount - these are great!

Jess said...

Those are great uses of texture. I love it!


Jessie's Attic