1. My camera: I have a Nikon D80 that I received for Christmas 2006. It is a DSLR that replaced Nikon's D70.
2. LOVE IT! Did you get that with the caps and everything :)?
3. Interestingly, I didn't even choose the camera. My husband did all the research and completely surprised me with this gift last year. I also have Canon A620, which is my smaller, non-DSLR, walk-around camera. Like Stacy, I think I would have been fine with either Nikon or Canon. However, once you start buying lenses for a DSLR, there's no going back because if you switch brands, everything has to change.
4. I only have two lenses right now: kit lens 18-55 and my trusty 50mm 1.8. I rarely take my 50mm off the camera. Super sharp and great low light pictures. The next lens I want is an 18-200VR zoom. I really need something longer, so this is next on my list.
5. The majority of photos on my Flickr page are taken with my Nikon. (I've got a flickr button in my sidebar.) I only use my Canon if I'm going somewhere and want to slip my camera in my purse. BTW Stacy: you must have a mighty large purse to fit your D50 in there :)!
6. I LOVE my DSLR. Once you get used to the new heft of a larger camera and discover the joys of no shutter lag and wide open apertures, it's tough to go back to the P & S. However, it can be intimidating at first because there are so many things to learn on a camera like this. I still have many features I never use or that I have to look up again in the manual when I want to use them. One step at a time :)!