Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Theme Thursday: The New Year

I cheated. I have taken zero pictures since we entered 2010. None. After Christmas, the camera went into the cupboard and has yet to see the new year.

I've been feeling rather uninspired over the last little while. I want to take pictures, but I feel I'm stuck in a rut, shooting the same things again and again. I need to get the creative juices flowing, so that is definitely on the list of "Things to Do in The New Year." If anyone has some suggestions to give me a good artistic kick in the pants, please share :).

So for today, you're stuck with a shot from way back in 2009:

standing tall

What do you have to show today? Inspire me with your creativity!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

how about a clean house free of christmas crap? that should be partially inspiring.

Amy Jo said...

I know how you're feeling. I've only taken 11 pictures in 2010, and they were all from this sitting:

http://cheeseparty.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-year-new-skills.html

Here's to more photos next week!

Unknown said...

ah...an oldie but goodie! you'll find your mojo, i'm positive you will.

happy new year!

Anonymous said...

HI,I'm here by way of Mother May I and SS :) I know the the feeling, but here's a quote I just found on someone's blog and it stuck with me, maybe it will help:
You put your camera around your neck in the morning, along with putting on your shoes, and there it is, an appendage of the body that shares your life with you. The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera. -- Dorothea Lange
You'll get your mojo back :)

Anonymous said...

From the Happiness Project: the days are long, but the years are short.
Here's the site: http://www.happiness-project.com/
Happy New Year my friend, and happy shooting. We missed you last week :( - Anneke

mandaroo63 said...

Wow! Beautiful...I love the simplicity of this. Lovely.